198g ripe bananas
154g caster sugar
77g vegetable oil
77g soya yogurt
25g chia seeds
126g plain flour
3.25g bicarbonate of soda
68g whole pecans
150g Flora sunflower spread
300g icing sugar
50g caster sugar
100g plant-based double cream
1. Preheat your oven to 160°C.
2. Line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
3. In a bowl mix the chia seeds and water together and set aside whilst it forms a plant-based 'egg'.
4. Mash the bananas with the soya yoghurt, then add the caster sugar and mix together until combined.
5. Next, slowly add the oil while mixing, then add the chia 'egg'.
6. Sieve in the flour and bicarbonate of soda and mix until thoroughly combined, then finally add the pecans and fold through.
7. Pour this mixture into your cake tin and bake for 40 - 50 mins or until a knife comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
8. Next, make the buttercream by mixing the sunflower spread and the icing sugar with an electric whisk until combined and pipe onto the loaf cake.
9. For the plant-based caramel, add the sugar and plant-based double cream to a pan on a medium heat, let reduce down to a caramel consistency and drizzle over the cake.