250g jackfruit, rinsed and drained
250g cooked black beans, drained
Small handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
½ white onion, finely diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced )
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp chilli powder
½ tsp cumin
4 tbsp BBQ sauce
3 tbsp olive oil
150 ml water
Sea salt and pepper
4 tortilla wraps
1. Prepare the jackfruit by slicing off the ‘core’ and cut in half. Score the remaining segment 3 times using a sharp knife.
2. Place the jackfruit into a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20-30 mins until the jackfruit can easily be pulled apart. Drain and place in a mixing bowl.
3. Sprinkle over the brown sugar, smoked paprika, chilli powder, a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix until the jackfruit is evenly covered in spices and seasoning.
4. Heat the sunflower oil in a frying pan and pour in the jackfruit. Fry over a medium heat for 5 mins until the outside starts to colour and char.
5. Pour over the BBQ sauce and mix until the jackfruit is well-coated. Set to one side.
6. To make the black beans, heat the oil in a frying pan, then add the diced onion. Fry over a medium for 5-8 mins, or until the onions start to turn translucent.
7. Add the minced garlic and ground cumin and fry for a further 3 mins or until the beans start to break down.
8. Mash with a potato masher or a fork and then stir in the coriander. Leave to cool.
9. Assemble your wraps using the BBQ jackfruit, black beans, lettuce, sliced tomato and red onion.