250g Jackfruit, rinsed and drained
250g Cooked black beans, drained
Small handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
½ White onion, finely diced
2 Cloves of garlic, minced )
1tbsp Brown sugar
1tsp Garlic powder
1tsp Smoked paprika
½ tsp Chilli powder
½ tsp Cumin
4tbsp BBQ sauce
3tbsp Olive oil
Sea salt and pepper
4 Tortilla wraps
1. Prepare the jackfruit by slicing off the ‘core’ and cut in half. Score the remaining segment 3 times using a sharp knife
2. Place the jackfruit into a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the jackfruit can easily be pulled apart. Drain and place in a mixing bowl.
3. Sprinkle over the brown sugar, smoked paprika, chilli powder, a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix until the jackfruit is evenly covered in spices and seasoning.
4. Heat the sunflower oil in a frying pan and pour in the jackfruit. Fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes until the outside starts to colour and char.
5. Pour over the BBQ sauce and mix until the jackfruit is well-coated. Set to one side.
6. Make the black beans. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the diced onion. Fry over a medium for 5-8 minutes, until the onions start to turn translucent.
7. Add the minced garlic and ground cumin and fry for a further 3 minutes until the beans start to break down.
8. Mash with a potato mashed and stir in the coriander. Leave to cool.
9. Assemble your wraps using the BBQ jackfruit, black beans, lettuce, sliced tomato and red onion.