1 large broccoli
1 pinch chilli flakes
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp pine nuts
3 garlic cloves
1 tbsp plant-based parmesan
1. Start by slicing off the head of the broccoli, leaving as little stem on the florets as possible.
2. Slice the bottom end of the stem so it is evenly flat, and then spiralize it.
3. Heat a little oil in a large pan, and once hot add the broccoli florets, spiralized stem, chilli flakes, salt and pepper and cook for 3 – 5 mins.
4. While the broccoli is cooking, place your pine nuts in another pan over medium heat until they are slightly brown. Be careful not to burn the pine nuts.
5. Next, grate the garlic and add to the broccoli along with the lemon juice and cook for a further 3 – 5 mins, covering with a lid. The broccoli should be tender but not mushy.
6. To serve, place the broccoli in a bowl with the toasted pine nuts and grate a little plant-based parmesan on top.