2 tbsp ground flaxseed
250g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon powder
275g caster sugar
50g desiccated coconut
225g sunflower oil
4 tbsp soya milk
300g grated carrot
200g plant-based cream cheese
3 tbsp maple syrup
½ tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. Line a cake tin with baking parchment.
3. In a small bowl whisk the ground flaxseed with 6 tbsp of water until combined and leave to thicken for 10 mins.
4. Next, add all ingredients apart from the flax seed mix and carrots to a bowl and beat together until just combined.
5. Add the carrot and flaxseed mix and beat till thoroughly combined and smooth.
6. Transfer the batter into the cake tin and bake for 45 mins – 60 mins or until a knife comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool completely before icing.
8. Combine all the ingredients for the icing and beat until smooth.
9. Ice your cake and enjoy!