500g carrots, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
1 tsp honey
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp coriander seeds
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp salt
4 flat breads
½ tsp za’atar spice
½ tsp sumac
200ml soya yoghurt
½ bunch of coriander, finely chopped
50g smoked almonds, roughly chopped
1 cucumber, peeled, deseeded and cubed
2 baby gem, quartered
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Mix the carrots with 50g olive oil, honey, cumin and coriander seeds and season and place onto a baking tray, cover with foil and bake for 45 mins.
3. Once cooked, place the carrots in a bowl and mash coarsely with a fork.
3. Next, roughly chop the smoked almonds and set aside.
4. Put 200 ml of soya yoghurt, the finely chopped coriander, the juice of half a lemon, salt and pepper into a food processor and blitz.
5. Then, put the cucumber in a small bowl with the juice of half a lemon and a drizzle of olive oil.
6. Char the baby gem in a hot frying pan then set aside.
7. Warm up the flat bread, then brush with olive oil and then sprinkle with sumac and za’atar.
8. To serve, spread some of the coriander yoghurt over half of each flatbread and then add the crushed carrots and baby gem and top with the cucumber pickle and the roughly chopped smoked almonds.