1/2 butternut squash, cut into 4cm wedges (why not keep hold of the seeds and toast in the oven for future use)
10g chipotle chilli
10g fajita seasoning
1 tbsp maple syrup
4 small flour tortillas
1 baby gem lettuce, shredded
Handful of coriander, roughly chopped
2 tomato, deseeded and diced
1 jalapeño chilli, finely chopped
½ red onion, finely diced
½ can kidney beans (or any other beans)
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
2. Place the butternut squash onto a baking tray with 1 tsp oil, chipotle chilli and fajita seasoning.
3. Mix thoroughly and roast until caramelised on the edges.
4. Remove from the oven, drizzle over the maple syrup and return to the oven for a further 5 mins, then set aside.
5. Combine the tomatoes (deseeded), jalapeño, red onion, the zest and juice of 1 lime, a glug of olive oil, salt and pepper to create the pico de gallo.
6. Slice the avocado and set aside.
7. Drain and rinse the kidney beans, then warm through in a pan with a pinch of salt, then set aside.
8. Place the tortillas in a dry frying pan to warm up and then place on a plate.
9. Top with butternut squash, pico de gallo, sliced avocado, kidney beans, shredded lettuce, coriander and a wedge of lime.