200g soya milk
200g rapeseed oil
50g cocoa powder
75g ground almonds
150g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
225g caster sugar
1 tsp espresso powder
500g chopped plant-based dark chocolate
350g soya milk
1 tbsp dried rose petals
1 tbsp green pistachios, roughly chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 160°C.
2. Line 2 cake tins with baking parchment and oil the edges.
3. Combine all sponge ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth.
4. Transfer the batter to both baking tins, put half in each.
5. Bake for 15-20 mins or until a knife comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
6. For the ganache, bring the soya milk to the boil. Add in the roughly chopped dark chocolate and combine until smooth, then cool until room temperature.
7. Once both are cooled spread the ganache thickly over the top of both sponges. Place one sponge on top of the other and sprinkle the chopped pistachios and rose petals to decorate.
8. Allow to set in the fridge for at least an hour.