400g extra-firm tofu
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
60ml red wine vinegar
60ml Thai sweet chilli sauce
1 cucumber, deseeded and diced
64g quinoa, cooked
2 tbsp roasted cashew
Handful of parsley, chopped
Kale, roasted until crispy
1. Dice the tofu into 1cm cubes, place on chopping board between paper towels and top with baking parchment. Place tins or other weights on top and let it stand for 10 mins.
2. Soak the red onion in cold water.
3. Whisk the red wine vinegar, Thai sweet chilli sauce, 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
4. Remove the red onion from the water and pat dry, mix with the red onion and then toss with half of the vinegar dressing.
5. Sprinkle the tofu on both sides with cornflour (this will help make the tofu crispy).
6. In a frying pan heat a drizzle vegetable oil, carefully add the tofu and cook until deep golden brown.
7. Place the tofu on a paper towels to absorb the oil.
8. Mix the cooked quinoa with the kale, cucumber, red onion mix, chopped parsley and halved cashews. Finally top with the crispy tofu and remaining dressing.