10g smoked chilli harissa paste
4 tbsp capers - fried for 2-3 mins and drained on paper towel
200ml soya yoghurt
1 lemon – zest and juice
30ml olive oil
2 gem lettuce – picked and washed
2 tortilla wraps – toasted and cut into strips
6 medjool dates - cut into quarters
10g chives – washed and finely chopped
300g plant-based feta cheese - diced and tossed with chopped chives (above)
10g coriander - washed and picked
10g parsley - washed and picked
10g mint - washed and picked
20g toasted sunflower seeds
2 red peppers – roasted whole, deseeded, and peeled
1 preserved lemon – cut into julienne
1. Start by preheating your oven to 170°C.
2. Pierce the aubergine all over and roast in the oven for 15-20 mins or until the aubergine has started to soften.
3. Allow the aubergine to cool slightly before peeling the skin away, leaving the stalk in place.
4. Cut in quarters lengthways and brush with harissa paste and set aside.
5. Dress the salad by placing the gem lettuce, toasted tortilla strips, dates, red peppers, and most of the picked herbs (keep the remaining herbs to garnish the dish).
6. Next, add half of the lemon zest and juice and half of the olive oil. Toss well and season to taste.
7. For the dressing, mix the remaining olive oil, lemon zest and juice and soya yoghurt.
8. Sear the harissa spiced aubergine on a griddle plate and warm through in a hot oven for a couple of mins before serving.
9. When building the dish keep things rustic, build the components of the sharing plate in layers of each ingredient as you go and garnish with the feta, toasted seeds, picked herbs and soya yoghurt dressing.