300g firm tofu
50ml white miso paste
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp mirin
400g freshly cooked jasmine rice, kept hot
75g cooked black quinoa, kept hot
50g beansprouts, trimmed
2 sheets of nori seaweed, cut into thin strips
50g white mouli, thinly sliced
50g watermelon radish, thinly sliced
1 avocado, cut into 1/2cm cubes
4 spring onions, finely shredded
1 tsp black sesame seeds
3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1. Place the tofu in the freezer overnight (this allows water crystals to form inside the tofu to break it down, allowing the miso marinade to infuse).
2. Remove the tofu from the freezer and squeeze gently in a clean cloth to remove all excess water.
3. Mix the white miso paste, mirin and sugar to make a marinade and gently heat in a pan to dissolve the sugar.
4. Dice the tofu into 2cm cubes and place in the bowl of marinade. Leave to marinate for 4 hours.
5. Grill the tofu on a hot grill pan until golden and lightly charred all over.
6. To serve, place the hot rice mixed with the quinoa in a serving bowl and arrange the tofu, vegetables and seaweed. Sprinkle over the black sesame and drizzle over the dressing.