200g pearled spelt
25g dried porcini mushrooms
1 onion, finely slice
2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
100g chestnut mushrooms, cut into ¼
100ml white wine
1 litre hot vegetable stock
1 tbsp Oatly plant-based crème fraiche
Bunch of chives, finely chopped
1. Put the spelt in a bowl and cover the spelt with cold water for 20 mins.
2. Next, soak the dried porcini mushrooms in 100 ml boiling water in a separate bowl for 20 mins.
3. Heat a glug of olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 mins. Next add the chestnut mushrooms and cook for a further 2 mins.
4. Drain the spelt and add to a pan with the wine and simmer until almost all the liquid evaporates, stirring often.
5. Drain the porcini mushrooms and then add them to the pan. Keep the liquid aside and add to the vegetable stock. Stir in the stock to the pan, a little at a time, stirring often, until all liquid is absorbed and the spelt is just tender - about 20 mins in total.
6. Stir in the Oatly plant-based crème fraiche and season with salt and pepper.
7. Serve with a sprinkling of chives on top.